Rent a Storage Unit During Your Nampa Home Remodel
A remodel to your Nampa home, whether a DIY project or professionally contracted, can significantly add value to your property. An unspoken reality of renovations is that it's hard to define a specific timeline because there are many moving parts. Each project presents unique sets of challenges that can create a domino effect on other projects' timing. In some cases, what you expect to be a simple cosmetic repair can take anywhere from a weekend to months if you encounter an issue requiring severe structural repairs. If an update demands entirely gutting a space, you'll surely experience a delay in your overall renovation time frame.
One savvy and efficient solution that can help facilitate the speed of a home remodel is to rent a storage unit for your belongings that would otherwise be in the current remodel area. This strategy allows Nampa homeowners to rest easy, knowing their items aren't going to be accidentally damaged by equipment, paint, or dust. It also means whoever is working construction in the room can move around freely and unencumbered by clutter or large furniture. Talk about a huge time saver!
Storage Unit Hacks During a Remodel
It's valuable to methodically organize your Nampa storage unit, especially if you need to frequently access the items while your remodel disrupts your living arrangements. Here are a few of our favorite tips:
- Label your boxes to help you locate your items quickly; create a master list or color-coding system.
- Place frequently-needed items towards the front of your storage unit.
- Use clear plastic storage containers to keep dust and moisture away from your things, aid in seeing their contents, and provide uniformity for better organization.
What to Look for When Choosing a Storage Facility During Your Remodel
A Self-Storage unit is an ideal solution and an affordable way to store your belongings during your Nampa home remodel.
- Look for a storage facility with functional security lighting, gated access, video surveillance cameras, and an access control system to use, codes, or security cards when entering the facility.
- Make sure the grounds are well-maintained, the staff help answer questions, and that the company has excellent online reviews.
- Choose a self-storage unit so that you have complete autonomy in picking up or dropping off your items as you need (within business hours).
Idaho Storage Connection Locations
We have two Nampa storage facilities located near the freeway for easy access during your remodel:
And four other conveniently located storage unit facilities throughout the Treasure Valley:
- Franklin - 10 N. Hartman St., Boise, ID 83704
- Joplin - 10650 W Joplin Rd., Boise, ID 83714
- Joplin II - 11031 W Joplin Rd., Boise, ID 83714
- Eagle - 8785 North Horseshoe Bend Rd., Boise, ID 83714
If you plan a Nampa home remodel, contact Idaho Storage Connection to learn more about our pricing and tour our storage unit facilities.